Read this PDF for details on how to enter and to complete the entry form.
ENTER THE ART CONTEST!
Everyone who uses the roads has a role to play in safety. This includes large trucks and buses, cars, bicyclists and pedestrians.
The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration announces the 2018 Road Safety Art Contest which lets children in kindergarten through sixth grade (ages 5-12) use their creativity and talent to help raise awareness of how to stay safe on the roads.
The winning artwork will best show that everyone who uses the roads has a role to play in safety. This includes big trucks and buses, cars, bicyclists and pedestrians.
CONTEST ENDS JUNE 25, 2018
The Road Safety Partnership will award one GRAND PRIZE and five HONORABLE MENTION winners for each of two categories:
- Category A: Artists in kindergarten through second grade, as of June 25, 2018.
- Category B: Artists in third through sixth grades, as of June 25, 2018.
All 12 winners will receive a certificate of recognition and have their artwork featured in a 2019 calendar. The artists will also be featured in a press release, highlighted on multiple social media sites, and featured on the FMCSA website.
Contest winners will be announced in September 2018.
- Children in kindergarten through sixth grade (ages 5-12) are eligible. Only one entry per child.
- The child must produce the artwork without any assistance from anyone else. The entry must be original and not a copy of another work.
- Artwork can be a drawing, painting, collage or other two-dimensional piece. Artwork must be horizontal in layout (also known as landscape), without a mat, frame or border and created on paper no larger than 11”x17.”
- Artwork should include imagery of cars, bicycles, or pedestrians; big trucks and/or big buses; and seat belt usage.
- The child must include the following information on the back of the artwork: student name, grade, teacher or parent name, school, home address, and parent phone. Use a clear glue stick or tape to affix your contact information to the back of the artwork. Please do not use staples or paper clips; they damage the artwork.
- The contest may copy and modify any entry for reproduction. Artwork will not be returned and may be used for future contest promotions. The winners’ parent/legal guardian may be asked for a photo of the child to highlight winning the contest.
- All entries must be postmarked no later than June 25, 2018.
To enter the Road Safety Art Contest, download the PDF form found at the top of the page.