Large Truck and Bus Crash Facts (LTBCF) is a recurring annual report that contains descriptive statistics about fatal, injury, and property-damage-only crashes involving large trucks and buses. Information in the LTBCF report is compiled by FMCSA’s Analysis Division from four major sources:
- The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s (NHTSA’s) Fatality Analysis Reporting System (FARS), a census of fatal crashes involving motor vehicles traveling on public trafficways.
- NHTSA’s General Estimates System (GES), a probability-based sample of fatal, injury, and property-damage-only crashes.
- FMCSA’s Motor Carrier Management Information System (MCMIS) Crash File.
- The Federal Highway Administration’s (FHWA’s) Highway Statistics.
Fully-accessible Web versions of the most recently-published LTBCF reports are available below. Printable PDF versions are also available in the "Related Documents" section (right).
- Large Truck and Bus Crash Facts 2014
- Large Truck and Bus Crash Facts 2013
- Large Truck and Bus Crash Facts 2012
- Large Truck and Bus Crash Facts 2011
- Large Truck and Bus Crash Facts 2010
Archived versions of the LTBCF publication can be accessed via Analysis & Information (A&I) Online.