USA Banner

Official US Government Icon

Official websites use .gov
A .gov website belongs to an official government organization in the United States.

Secure Site Icon

Secure .gov websites use HTTPS
A lock ( ) or https:// means you’ve safely connected to the .gov website. Share sensitive information only on official, secure websites.

Site Notification

Site Notification

U.S. Department of Transportation U.S. Department of Transportation Icon United States Department of Transportation United States Department of Transportation

Registration Forms

PLEASE READ: Adding Driver’s Licenses to the Update Process

As part of our efforts to address fraudulent activity, we have implemented a new requirement for updating a company’s registration record. Effective immediately, customers are required to submit a copy of their driver's license along with their MCS-150/150B/150C, MCSA-5889 Forms. The driver's license must belong to a company officer, such as the owner, director, or partner (i.e., whoever is listed on #30 of the MCS-150 or #36 of the MCS-150B). This additional verification step helps safeguard your data and ensures the accuracy of your account information. We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your cooperation.

Why Not Online?

The following are printable Registration and Licensing forms can only be used for updates to existing registrations or authorities, or for application for additional registrations. First-time applicants must register using the Unified Registration System. For those who fall under the first category, you may submit the forms by mail or by uploading them to our web form. However, FMCSA strongly encourages users to file electronically directly using the FMCSA Registration Page

FMCSA is no longer be accepting paper registration forms/applications from new applicants seeking to obtain a new US DOT number or operating authority. 

Printable Registration Forms

USDOT Numbers

FMCSA will not accept expired versions of the MCS-150, MCS-150B and MCS-150C. Use the updated forms below, or to update online with your USDOT PIN, click here.

IMPORTANT: Seven Common Reasons Your Application Will Be Returned as Incomplete

Form Description
MCS-150 & instructions Motor Carrier Identification Report (Application for USDOT Number) and Instructions. Driver's license needed for this form.
MCS-150B & instructions Combined Motor Carrier Identification Report and Hazardous Materials Permit Application and Instructions. Driver's license needed for this form.

MCS-150C & Instructions

Intermodal Equipment Provider Identification report (Application for USDOT Number). Driver's license needed for this form.

Operating Authority (MC Number)

Form Description

OP-1 & Instructions

Application for Motor Property Carrier and Broker Authority

OP-1(FF) & Instructions

Application for Freight Forwarder Authority

OP-1(P) & Instructions

Application for Motor Passenger Carrier Authority

OP-1(MX) e instrucciones

Application to Register Mexico-based Carriers for Motor Carrier Authority to Operate Beyond U.S. Municipalities and Commercial Zones on the U.S.-Mexico Border (Includes Instructions in Spanish)

OP-1(NNA) & Instructions

Application for U.S. Department of Transportation (USDOT) Registration by Non-North America-Domiciled Motor Carriers (Includes instructions)

OP-2 e instrucciones

Application for Mexican Certificate of Registration for Foreign Motor Carriers and Foreign Motor Private Carriers Under 49 U.S.C. 13902 (Includes Instructions in Spanish)
Form OCE-46 Request for Revocation of Operating Authority
Form MCSA-5889 Motor Carrier Records Change Form (MC Name/Address Changes and Reinstatements). Driver's license needed for this form.

Process Agent

Form Description
BOC-3* Designation of Process Agents - Motor Carriers, Brokers and Freight Forwarders


Form Description
BMC-32 Endorsement for Household Goods Motor Carrier Policies of Insurance for Cargo Liability Under 49 U.S.C. 13906
BMC-40 Application for Authority to Self-Insure Under 49 U.S.C. 13906

Property Broker's Trust Fund Agreement Under 49 U.S.C. 13906 or Notice of Cancellation of the Agreement

MCS-82* Motor Carrier Public Liability Surety Bond under Sections 29 and 30 of the Motor Carrier Act of 1980
MCS-82B* Motor Carrier Public Liability Surety Bond
under Section 18 of the Bus Regulatory Reform Act of 1982
MCS-90* Endorsement for Motor Carrier Policies of Insurance for Public Liability under Sections 29 and 30 of the Motor Carrier Act of 1980
MCS-90B* Endorsement for Motor Carrier Policies of Insurance for Public Liability under Section 18 of the Bus Regulatory Reform Act of 1982

* Insurance forms can be obtained from (or, in many cases filed online by) your insurance company. For more information on insurance requirements, visit our Insurance Requirements page.


Notice for Sole Proprietors

  • Sole proprietor owner/operator are strongly encouraged to obtain an EIN rather than using an SSN to register for operating authority.
  • If a sole proprietor owner/operator submits personal information for registration purposes to obtain a USDOT number or operating authority, this information will be publically available on FMCSA websites. This published information may include, but is not limited to, the sole proprietor owner/operator's home address, telephone number and email address when the contact information serves as the business contact information.