Why Not Online?
The following are printable Registration and Licensing forms can only be used for updates to existing registrations or authorities, or for application for additional registrations. First-time applicants must register using the Unified Registration System. For those who fall under the first category, you may submit the forms by mail or by uploading them to our web form. However, FMCSA strongly encourages users to file electronically directly using the FMCSA Registration Page.
FMCSA is longer be accepting paper registration forms/applications from new applicants seeking to obtain a new US DOT number or operating authority.
Printable Registration Forms
- USDOT Numbers
- Operating Authority (MC Number)
- Process Agent
- Notice for Sole Proprietors
- Financial & Operating Statistics
As of December 1, 2017, FMCSA will no longer accept expired versions of the MCS-150, MCS-150B and MCS-150C. If you would like to access the updated forms for future use, click here, or click here to update online with your USDOT PIN.
|MCS-150 & instructions||Motor Carrier Identification Report (Application for USDOT Number) and Instructions|
|MCS-150B & instructions||Combined Motor Carrier Identification Report and Hazardous Materials Permit Application and Instructions|
|Intermodal Equipment Provider Identification report (Application for USDOT Number)|
Operating Authority (MC Number)
|Application for Motor Property Carrier and Broker Authority|
|Application for Freight Forwarder Authority|
|Application for Motor Passenger Carrier Authority|
|Application to Register Mexico-based Carriers for Motor Carrier Authority to Operate Beyond U.S. Municipalities and Commercial Zones on the U.S.-Mexico Border (Includes Instructions in Spanish)|
|Application for U.S. Department of Transportation (USDOT) Registration by Non-North America-Domiciled Motor Carriers (Includes instructions)|
|Application for Mexican Certificate of Registration for Foreign Motor Carriers and Foreign Motor Private Carriers Under 49 U.S.C. 13902 (Includes Instructions in Spanish)|
|Form OCE-46||Request for Revocation of Operating Authority|
|Form MCSA-5889||Motor Carrier Records Change Form (MC Name/Address Changes and Reinstatements)|
|BOC-3*||Designation of Process Agents - Motor Carriers, Brokers and Freight Forwarders|
|BMC-32||Endorsement for Household Goods Motor Carrier Policies of Insurance for Cargo Liability Under 49 U.S.C. 13906|
|BMC-40||Application for Authority to Self-Insure Under 49 U.S.C. 13906|
Property Broker's Trust Fund Agreement Under 49 U.S.C. 13906 or Notice of Cancellation of the Agreement
|MCS-82*||Motor Carrier Public Liability Surety Bond under Sections 29 and 30 of the Motor Carrier Act of 1980|
|MCS-82B*||Motor Carrier Public Liability Surety Bond
under Section 18 of the Bus Regulatory Reform Act of 1982
|MCS-90*||Endorsement for Motor Carrier Policies of Insurance for Public Liability under Sections 29 and 30 of the Motor Carrier Act of 1980|
|MCS-90B*||Endorsement for Motor Carrier Policies of Insurance for Public Liability under Section 18 of the Bus Regulatory Reform Act of 1982|
* Insurance forms can be obtained from (or, in many cases filed online by) your insurance company. For more information on insurance requirements, visit our Insurance Requirements page.
Notice for Sole Proprietors
- Sole proprietor owner/operator are strongly encouraged to obtain an EIN rather than using an SSN to register for operating authority.
- If a sole proprietor owner/operator submits personal information for registration purposes to obtain a USDOT number or operating authority, this information will be publically available on FMCSA websites. This published information may include, but is not limited to, the sole proprietor owner/operator's home address, telephone number and email address when the contact information serves as the business contact information.