FMCSA issues two types of PINs:
- The USDOT Number PIN received at registration may be requested from FMCSA if it is lost or forgotten
- The MC Number (Docket) PINs must be requested from FMCSA
PINs can now be requested online and delivered in one of two ways:
- Receive US DOT PIN by email immediately
- Receive US DOT PIN via hard-copy letter through the US Post Office
- MC (Docket) PIN numbers can only be delivered via hard-copy letter through the US Post Office
You can also request a USDOT PIN by going to https://safer.fmcsa.dot.gov and then clicking on the “Click here to request a USDOT Number PIN be emailed” prompt or "Click here to request a USDOT Number PIN be mailed to the address on file."
How Long Will It Take by Mail?
Please allow 7-10 business days to receive it by mail. It will be mailed to the mailing address on file with the FMCSA.