Tech-Celerate Now is a Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) program, with funding and technical support from the Department’s Intelligent Transportation Systems Joint Program Office, for accelerating the adoption of advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS) in the commercial motor vehicle (CMV) industry.
Coming Fall 2023 – Tech-Celerate Now Phase 2
FMCSA is planning to reengage with key industry associations and to partner with new stakeholders in a second phase of the Tech-Celerate Now Program. The Agency is planning to provide a request for proposals on our Research Office’s Indefinite Delivery/Indefinite Quantity Contract (IDIQ) in the next few weeks.
Phase 2 will continue and expand upon the past work to expedite the adoption of advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS) by the trucking industry because of their demonstrated ability to reduce fatalities, injuries, and crashes.
This effort consists of the following tasks:
- Develop a project management plan.
- Conduct research on technical and market barriers to the adoption of ADAS.
- Develop outreach materials for fleets and owner/operators.
- Development of best practices for fleets and owner/operators.
- Conduct national outreach campaign for fleets and owner/operators to implement ADAS.
- Conduct data collection and analysis of outreach impacts, industry trends, technology trends, and deployment rates.
Motor Carrier ADAS Testimonials
In September 2021, the Tech-Celerate Now (TCN) program team jointly held an online webinar with the Partners for Automated Vehicle Education (PAVE). As part of that joint TCN/PAVE webinar, trucking company executives from Boyle Transportation, Cargo Transporters, and Maverick Transportation shared their perspectives on their experience with advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS) such as forward collision warning, automatic emergency braking, lane keeping assist, adaptive cruise control, camera-based mirrors, and blind spot warning systems. Click on the graphic below.