IDEAS FOR SAFETY ARTWORK
Everyone who uses the roads has a role to play in safety. This includes large trucks and buses, cars, bicyclists and pedestrians.
- The art must SHOW A TRUCK AND/OR A BUS.
- Make sure all drivers and passengers in all vehicles are shown wearing seat belts.
- There are no limitations on the number of overall vehicles in the artwork including cars. But the scene depicted should be similar to a real life road situation. Hint: Make sure you put a lot of room between the big truck/big bus and the car or bicycle so they are not too close.
In creating artwork, children should use one of the following:
- Draw a truck driver or bus driver smiling at a person who is in a car traveling safely or on a bicycle riding safely on the road. Hint: Make sure the person in the car or bike rider sees the truck or bus driver too!
- Draw a truck or bus making a turn in a busy street. Hint: Make sure the other cars and people are giving the large truck or bus a lot of room and are not too close.