Service Agent Resources
Service Agents seeking additional information on DOT drug and alcohol testing rules are encouraged to use the resources listed on this page.
- DOT Mock Collection Instructional Video
- DOT's 10 Steps to Collection Site Security and Integrity Video
Brochures & Guides:
- Breath Alcohol Technician (BAT) and Screen Test Technician (STT) Training Materials – Download an order form.
- Substance Abuse Professional (SAP) Guidelines
- ODAPC's Employer Handbook for DOT Drug and Alcohol Testing
- Random Testing Best Practices Brochure (PDF)
- Implementation Guidelines for Alcohol and Drug Regulations (PDF)
- DOT's "Am I Covered?" Tool - Find out if you're subject to drug and alcohol testing regulations.
- DOT 5-Panel Drug Testing Notice
- Moving Ahead for Progress in the 21st Century Act ("MAP-21"; P.L. 112-141)
- DOT Direct Observation for All Return-to-Duty & Follow-Up Drug Testing Notice
The U.S. DOT Office of Drug and Alcohol Policy and Compliance (ODAPC) Web site is the authoritative source of information for service agents.