FMCSA Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information & Resources
Below you will find FMCSA’s latest information, declarations, and resources in response to the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. For information on the COVID-19 outbreak and the federal government response, please visit: Coronavirus.gov
FMCSA Hours of Service National Emergency Declaration
Learn more about FMCSA’s National Emergency Declaration for CMVs delivering relief in response to the coronavirus outbreak.
- Read the National Emergency Declaration
- Review Frequently Asked Questions (F.A.Q)
- Frequently Asked Questions Related to the FMCSA Emergency Declaration Part 2: 03/25/2020
- DHS Guide on Essential Workers
- CDC Guidance on New York City Truck Drivers & Delivery Workers
FMCSA Commercial Driver’s License Actions
Learn more about FMCSA’s commercial driver’s license (CDL) actions in response to the COVID-19 outbreak.
- Three-Month Waiver in Response to the COVID-19 Emergency – For States and CLP Holders Operating Commercial Motor Vehicles (March 28, 2020)
- Read FMCSA CDL Waiver (March 24, 2020)
- Read FMCSA Enforcement Notice on Expiring CDLs
FMCSA Frequently Asked Questions Relating to the MCSAP Grant Program Expanded Emergency Declaration Under 49 CFR §390.23 No. 2020-002
- Review FMCSA Frequently Asked Questions Relating to the MCSAP Grant Program Expanded Emergency Declaration
State Drivers Licensing Agencies (SDLAs)
FMCSA COVID-19 Drug & Alcohol Testing Guidance
Notice of Enforcement Discretion
FMCSA has issued a notice of agency discretion for motor carriers requesting temporary operating authority to provide direct assistance to emergency relief efforts for the COVID-19 outbreak.
State Emergency Declarations
Learn more about state issued emergency declarations for the COVID-19 outbreak.