FMCSA continues to work closely with a diverse group of partners to make opportunities available to U.S. Military veterans.
- FMCSA has partnered with the U.S. Chamber of Commerce’s Hiring our Heroes jobs outreach initiative. Launched in March 2011, Hiring Our Heroes is a nationwide initiative to help veterans, transitioning Service Members, and U.S. Military spouses find employment. FMCSA works with commercial carriers, State Driver Licensing Agencies (SLDAs) and the non-profit sector to create jobs in the communities where veterans and U.S. Military families live.
- FMCSA is also committed to enhancing opportunities for U.S. Army personnel after their service is complete. The Soldier for Life program connects U.S. Army, governmental, and community efforts to build relationships that help reintegrate soldiers, retired soldiers, veterans, and their families within their communities.
- FMCSA is working with the International Brotherhood of Teamsters (IBT) on the Helmet to Hardhats program to connect veterans to jobs in the construction and building industry.
- FMCSA works with the American Legion’s Veterans Employment & Education Commission to find employment for veterans returning to civilian life after a period of active service.
- FMCSA partners with the American Association of Motor Vehicle Administrators (AAMVA) to raise awareness of the Military Skills Test Waiver Program to increase the number of veterans who utilize it to obtain CDLs.
Updated: Wednesday, March 9, 2016