Resources for Private Passenger Vehicle Operators
A private passenger vehicle is operated by a private motor carrier of passengers which is either business or non-business. There is no compensation of any kind received for the transportation and there is no transportation provided to the public at large.
- Passenger Carrier Guidance Fact Sheet: Clarification of Existing Regulations for Passenger Carriers in Interstate Commerce
- Hours of Service for Motor Carriers of Passengers Brochure
- Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations for Private Motor Carriers of Passengers Brochure
- Information for Organizations Owning a Bus or Other Passenger Vehicle
- Pre-trip Safety Information for Motorcoach Passengers - If you are a private motor carrier of passengers operating a motorcoach, please see this important passenger safety information.