- Brochures and Posters
- Audio Instructions
- Basic Plan for Drivers to Improve Motorcoach Passenger Safety Awareness
- Brochure: Emergency Window with Pull Handle
- Brochure: Emergency Window with Lift Handle
- Poster: Passenger Safety Information
- Poster: Passenger Safety Information en Español (PDF)
- Audio: English Passenger Safety Instructions (mp4, 01:43)
- Audio: Español Passenger Safety Instructions (mp4, 02:10)
- Audio: Chinese Passenger Safety Instructions (mp4, 01:30)
- Audio: French Passenger Safety Instructions (mp4, 01:41)
- Audio: German Passenger Safety Instructions (mp4, 01:52)
- Audio: Japanese Passenger Safety Instructions (mp4, 01:46)
- Audio: Korean Passenger Safety Instructions (mp4, 01:43)
Recommended Safety Topics to be Covered
Various Methods of Presenting the Safety Information
The following presentation methods do not represent an exhaustive list of ways to present safety information to motorcoach passengers. The list below should not be construed to restrict combinations of the following methods or additional presentation methods.
- During passenger boarding - Informational pamphlets could be distributed to motorcoach passengers during boarding.
- After passenger boarding and immediately prior to moving the motorcoach - Advise passengers to look to the driver for direction and follow his/her instructions.
- The driver requests the passengers to review informational pamphlets located in the pouches or sleeves on the back of seats.
- The driver provides an oral presentation (similar to the presentations by airline flight attendants prior to take-off) with or without informational pamphlets as visual aids.
- An automated audio presentation broadcasts a cassette tape or compact disk over the motorcoach audio system.
- An automated video presentation plays a videotape or DVD on the motorcoach video system.
Timing and Frequency of the Presentation
Demand-responsive motorcoach operations, such as charters and tour services, should present the safety information to motorcoach passengers after boarding and prior to movement of the motorcoach.
Fixed-route motorcoach service operations should present the safety information at all major stops or terminals, after passenger boarding and prior to movement of the motorcoach.