Welcome to FMCSA’s WOTAB
Welcome to the website of the Women of Trucking Advisory Board (WOTAB) of the U.S. Department of Transportation’s (DOT) Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA). Chartered by the Secretary of Transportation on February 11, 2022, WOTAB is charged with reviewing and reporting on policies that provide education, training, mentorship, or outreach to women in the trucking industry and recruit, retain, or advance women in the trucking industry. WOTAB will be composed of members whose backgrounds, experience, and certifications allow them to contribute balanced points of view and diverse ideas regarding the coordination of functions of trucking companies, nonprofit organizations, and trucking associations. WOTAB’s work will support women pursuing careers in trucking, expand scholarship opportunities for women in the trucking industry, and enhance trucking training, mentorship, education, and outreach programs for women.
The application period for WOTAB closed on April 15, 2022. FMCSA announced the WOTAB members on August 29, 2022.
WOTAB members represent the following categories:
- Large trucking companies (more than 100 power units)
- Mid-sized trucking companies (11-100 power units)
- Small trucking companies (1-10 power units)
- Nonprofit organizations in the trucking industry
- Trucking business associations
- Independent owner-operators
- Female professional truck drivers
- Institutions of higher education or trucking trade schools
- Other related roles within trucking industry
For questions concerning WOTAB, please e-mail email@example.com.
Fall 2022, date to be determined.