ART Forum 2023 Crash Causal Factors Program/LTCCFS
- The original Large Truck Crash Causation Study (LTCCS) was conducted from 2001 –2003
- Collected data on nearly 1,000 injury and fatal crashes involving large trucks
- The data collected provided a detailed description of the physical events of each crash, along with an unprecedented amount of information about all the vehicles and drivers, weather and roadway conditions, and trucking companies involved in the crashes.
- The Crash Causal Factors Program (CCFP) expands upon this initial effort:
- Incorporates lessons learned from LTCCS (e.g. focused scope, increased sample size, collaboration with State/Local jurisdictions) •Phased approach based on vehicle type and crash severity
- The data will greatly increase our knowledge about causal and related factors sufficient to create countermeasures through legislation, regulation, enforcement and education
Last updated: Thursday, October 26, 2023