Oklahoma - Amended Executive Order 2019-23
J. Kevin Stitt, Office of the Governor
State of Oklahoma
EXECUTIVE DEPARTMENT AMENDED EXECUTIVE ORDER 2019
I, J. Kevin Stitt, Governor of the State of Oklahoma, pursuant to the power vested in me by Sections 1 and 2 of Article VI of the Oklahoma Constitution and 63 O.S. 683.1 et seq., and pursuant to 49 C.F.R. Part 390.23, hereby declare that there is a state of emergency continuing statewide in the State of Oklahoma due to severe weather and flooding.
Due to this continuing emergency it is necessary to assist and expedite all efforts of storm relief and recovery. In order to accommodate this need and to provide assistance to the citizens of the State of Oklahoma in this extraordinary situation, I hereby order the temporary suspension of the following as they apply to vehicles in the support efforts:
- The requirements for permits of oversized vehicles (Not overweight). under Title 47 of the Oklahoma Statutes whose sole purpose is the transportation of materials and supplies used for storm relief;
- The cost and fees of overweight permits required of carriers whose sole purpose is transportation of materials and supplies used for storm relief which require an overweight permit under Title 47 of Oklahoma statutes;
- The requirements under Parts 390 through 399 pursuant to part 390.23 of Title 49 of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration Regulations;
- The requirements for licensing/operating authority as required by the Oklahoma Corporation Commission; and
- The requirements for licensing/registration authority as required by the Oklahoma Tax Commission.
Nothing contained in the declaration shall be construed as an exemption from the Controlled Substance and Alcohol Use and testing requirements. (49 C.F.R. part 382), the Commercial Driver License requirements (49 C.F.R. part 383), the Financial Responsibilities requirements (49 C.F.R. part 387), or any other portion of the regulations not specifically identified herein. Motor carriers that have an Out-of-Service Order in effect cannot take advantage of the relief from regulation that this declaration provides.
Due to the continuing State of Emergency resulting from severe weather and flooding which has existed continually since May 19, 2019, this Executive Order shall be effective until the end of the thirty (30) days after the filing of this Order.
This Executive Order shall be forwarded to the Oklahoma Corporation Commission, the Oklahoma Tax Commission, and the Commissioner of Public Safety, who shall cause the provisions of the Order to be implemented by all appropriate agencies of State government.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have set my hand and caused the Great Seal of the State of Oklahoma to be affixed at Oklahoma City, Oklahoma this 28th day of May 2019.
BY THE GOVERNOR OF THE STATE OF OKLAHOMA
J. Kevin Stitt
Michael Rogers, SECRETARY OF STATE