Oklahoma 2022 Fall Tornado
J. Kevin Stitt
Office of the Governor
State of Oklahoma
EXECUTIVE ORDER 2022-29
I, J. Kevin Stitt, Governor of the State of Oklahoma, pursuant to the power vested in me by Section 2 of Article VI of the Oklahoma Constitution, hereby declare the following:
- Severe storms, tornadoes, and straight-line winds beginning November 5, 2022, have caused damage to public and private properties within the State of Oklahoma; and said damages have caused an undue hardship on the citizens of this State.
- It may be necessary to provide for the rendering of mutual assistance among the State and political subdivisions of the State with respect to carrying out disaster emergency functions during the continuance of the State emergency pursuant to the provisions of the Oklahoma Emergency Management Act of 2003.
- There is hereby declared a disaster emergency caused by the severe storms, tornadoes, and straight-line winds in the State of Oklahoma that threaten the lives and property of the people of this State and the public's peace, health, and safety. The counties included in this declaration are:
Bryan, Choctaw, LeFlore, and McCurtain
- The State Emergency Operations Plan was activated on November 4, 2022, and resources of all State departments and agencies available to meet this emergency are hereby committed to the reasonable extent necessary to protect lives and to prevent, minimize, and repair injury and damage. These efforts shall be coordinated by the Director of the Department of Emergency Management with comparable functions of the federal government and political subdivisions of the State.
- State agencies, in responding to this disaster emergency, may make necessary emergency acquisitions to fulfill the purposes of this proclamation without regard to limitations or bidding requirements on such acquisitions.
- This Executive Order shall terminate at the end of thirty (30) days.
Copies of this Executive Order shall be distributed to the Director of Emergency Management who shall cause the provisions of this Order to be implemented by all appropriate agencies of State government.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have set my hand and caused the Great Seal of the State of Oklahoma to be affixed at Oklahoma City, this 5th day of November 2022.
BY THE GOVERNOR OF THE STATE OF OKLAHOMA
J. KEVIN STITT
BRIAN BINGMAN, Secretary of State