Illinois Oversize Loads & Weight Limits Waiver COVID19 April 02 2020
ILLINOIS DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION
2300 South Dirksen Parkway/ Springfield, Illinois/ 62764
Subject: Movement of Loads in Response to COVID-19 pandemic on Roads Under Jurisdiction of State of Illinois
In response to COVID-19 pandemic a Presidential Declaration of Emergency has been declared for the nation. To assist with emergency response/relief as defined in the Presidential Declaration, overweight and over dimension loads not exceeding 14 feet in width and 100 feet in length are hereby authorized to be transported on roads under jurisdiction of the State of Illinois with the following restrictions:
- A copy of this authorization, the Presidential Declaration, and bill of lading must be in the possession of the operator during the progress of the movement and shall be available for inspection upon request to any police officer or any authorized employee of the Department of Transportation.
- Undertaking the movement is evidence that both the owner and operator of the equipment agree to abide by the conditions included in this AUTHORIZATION and all other non-exempted requirements for oversize/overweight loads.
- Haulers may carry up to 90,000 lbs. on 5 axles or an additional 12% above legal loads on fewer axles.
- There is no fee associated with this authorization.
- Haulers must review Obstructions and Restrictions at www.gettingaroundillinois.com and obey all structure postings and size/weight restrictions.
- Movements are authorized 24 hours per day, 7 days per week except during inclement weather.
This AUTHORIZATION is effective immediately and expires upon April 30, 2020. Violation of any of the conditions of this AUTHORIZATION will subject the owner and operator to arrest, pursuant to the provisions of Section 625 ILCS 5/15-301(j) and any other applicable portions of the Illinois Vehicle Code.
For the Department,
Omer Osman, P.E Acting Secretary