COMMONWEALTH OF PENNSYLVANIA DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION HARRISBURG, PA 17101-1900
OFFICE OF SECRETARY OF TRANSPORTATION
Date: March 03, 2018.
Termination Date: March 31, 2018.
Pursuant to a Determination issued by the Governor on March 3, 2018, under the authority granted in 75 Pa. C.S. 6108, and further pursuant to all applicable authority granted in 49 C.F.R. 390.23 and 67 Pa. Code Chapter 231, the waivers in this exemption apply to certain motor carriers engaged in operations necessary to respond to the to severe winter snow and wind storms currently affecting the Commonwealth. The Pennsylvania Department of Transportation hereby issues the following exemption:
Type of Operation:
Transportation of utility crews servicing impacted emergency areas.
Extent Of Exemption:
Requirement to comply with driver hour of service limitations.
- This exemption applies statewide to utility crews servicing impacted emergency areas.
- The maximum driving time is extended from 11 hours to 14 hours. Ten consecutive hours off-duty must be taken between the 14 hours of driving time.
- Operators are exempted from the requirements of the 60/70-hour rule.
- This waiver does not exempt these motor carriers and drivers from the Pennsylvania Vehicle Code (Title 75), except for Section 6103(c) of the Vehicle Code, 75 Pa.C.S. 6103(c) as referenced in the aforementioned Determination, or the Pennsylvania Crimes Code (Title 18).
- Title 67, Pennsylvania Code, Chapter 175, Vehicle Equipment and Inspection, remains in effect for all vehicles registered in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
Leslie S. Richards
Secretary of Transportation