Welcome to FMCSA’s TLTF
Welcome to the website of the Truck Leasing Task Force (TLTF) of the U.S. Department of Transportation’s (DOT) Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA). Chartered by the Secretary of Transportation on February 11, 2022, TLTF is charged with examining the terms, conditions, and equitability of common truck leasing arrangements, particularly as they impact owner-operators and trucking businesses subject to such agreements. U.S. DOT will include the U.S. Department of Labor in TLTF’s deliberations.
How to Apply for TLTF
Members serve without pay and are chosen from a field of qualified candidates for two-year terms. This is an all-electronic application process. FMCSA encourages diverse, non-traditional representatives, especially women and people of color, to apply to serve on the task force. The application period has been extended by one week, through Friday, May 13, 2022. To apply, please email the following materials to email@example.com:
- A letter expressing your interest and qualifications to serve on the committee, specifying one of the following membership categories:
- A labor organization
- A motor carrier that provides lease-purchase agreements to owner-operators
- A consumer protection group
- An attorney specializing in consumer finance issues, including experience with lease-purchase agreements
- An owner-operator in the trucking industry experienced with lease-purchase agreements
- A business that provides or is subject to lease-purchase agreements in the trucking industry
- A resume of relevant work experience.
- One letter of recommendation from someone who knows you and your professional accomplishments firsthand. This can be a supervisor or a colleague.
For questions concerning TLTF, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Schedule to be determined.