Regulations Governing Application Processing and Safety Requirements for OP-1(MX) and OP-2 Application Types
49 CFR Part 368 covers the application process for certificates of registration issued for carriers operating solely within defined commercial zones. 49 CFR Part 365 covers the application process for Mexico-domiciled motor carriers operating nationwide. 49 CFR Part 385 govern the safety review process for Mexico-domiciled motor carriers. Note that Subpart B (Secs. 385.101-385.119) applies to Mexico-domiciled motor carriers, not the Subpart D (Secs. 385.101-385.337) provisions.
49 CFR Part 368
Revision of Regulations and Application Form for Mexico-Domiciled Motor Carriers To Operate in United States Municipalities and Commercial Zones on the United States-Mexico Border.
- 368.1 Certificate of registration.
- 368.2 Definitions.
- 368.3 Applying for a certificate of registration.
- 368.4 Requirement to notify FMCSA of change in applicant information.
- 368.5 Re-registration of certain carriers holding certificates of registration.
- 368.6 FMCSA action on the application.
- 368.7 Requirement to carry certificate of registration in the vehicle.
- 368.8 Appeals.
- 49 CFR Part 365 Subpart E
Special rules for certain Mexico-domiciled carriers
- 365.501 Scope of rules.
- 365.503 Application.
- 365.505 Re-registration and fee waiver for certain applicants.
- 365.507 FMCSA action on the application.
- 365.509 Requirement to notify FMCSA of change in applicant information.
- 365.511 Requirement for CVSA inspection of vehicles during first three consecutive years of permanent operating authority.
49 CFR Part 385 Subpart B
Safety Monitoring System for Mexico-Domiciled Carriers
- Determination Under the Interstate Commerce Commission Termination Act of 1995
- North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) Fact Sheet
- 2015 – Notice: Acceptance of Applications for Mexican-Domiciled Long-Haul Operations