Welcome to FMCSA PAR
Welcome to the website of the Post-Accident Report (PAR) Advisory Committee of the U.S. Department of Transportation’s (DOT) Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA). Section 5306 of the FAST Act charges the Committee with reviewing the data elements of post-accident reports for tow-away accidents involving commercial motor vehicles and providing recommendations to the FMCSA Administrator on additional data elements and any modifications that may improve their use through the addition of best practices. The Secretary of Transportation chartered the Committee on October 13, 2016, for a two-year period.
Appointed by the Administrator, Committee members are chosen from a field of many qualified candidates who possess a wide range of motor carrier experience and expertise, including the motor carrier safety advocacy, safety enforcement, industry, and labor sectors of motor carrier safety. Additionally, the statute requires that not less than 51% of the committee be composed of State or State law enforcement representatives.
For questions concerning PAR or for more information, please e-mail PAR@fmcsa.dot.gov
- If you feel your employer or a driver is violating the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations and/or the Hazardous Materials Regulations, please submit a safety violation complaint at the following link: https://nccdb.fmcsa.dot.gov/
- Public inquiries are welcomed by regional FMCSA Service Centers and FMCSA State Field Offices at the following link: https://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/mission/field-offices
- FMCSA Headquarters Offices may be contacted at the following link: https://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/contact-us
- FMCSA's Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) is available at the following link:https://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/faq
- We also have FMCSA-related Web sites at the following link: https://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/advisory-committees/mcsac/related-fmcsa-websites