Welcome to the website of the Motor Carrier Safety Advisory Committee (MCSAC) of the U.S. Department of Transportation’s (DOT) Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA). The MCSAC is charged with providing advice and recommendations to the FMCSA Administrator on motor carrier safety programs and motor carrier safety regulations. Initially chartered by the Secretary of Transportation on September 8, 2006, the current charter runs through September 30, 2017.
MCSAC membership is balanced and is composed of 20 experts from the motor carrier safety advocacy, safety enforcement, industry, and labor sectors.
Appointed by the Administrator for two-year terms, members are chosen from a field of many qualified candidates who possess a wide range of motor carrier experience and expertise.
For questions concerning MCSAC or for more information, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you feel your employer or a driver is violating the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations and/or the Hazardous Materials Regulations, please submit a safety violation complaint at the following link: https://nccdb.fmcsa.dot.gov/
- Public inquiries are welcomed by regional FMCSA Service Centers and FMCSA State Field Offices at the following link: https://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/mission/field-offices
- FMCSA Headquarters Offices may be contacted at the following link: https://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/contact-us
- FMCSA's Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) is available at the following link:https://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/faq
- We also have FMCSA-related Web sites at the following link: https://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/advisory-committees/mcsac/related-fmcsa-websites