Welcome to FMCSA MCSAC
Welcome to the website of the Motor Carrier Safety Advisory Committee (MCSAC) of the U.S. Department of Transportation’s (DOT) Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA). The MCSAC is charged with providing advice and recommendations to the FMCSA Administrator on motor carrier safety programs and motor carrier safety regulations. Initially chartered by the Secretary of Transportation on September 8, 2006, the current charter runs through September 27, 2021.
MCSAC membership is balanced and is composed of up to 25 experts from the motor carrier safety advocacy, safety enforcement, industry, and labor sectors.
Recommended by the Administrator and appointed by the Secretary for two-year terms, members are chosen from a field of many qualified candidates who possess a wide range of motor carrier experience and expertise. Lamont Byrd serves currently as chairman.
For questions concerning MCSAC or for more information, please e-mail email@example.com.
Request for Nominations to the Motor Carrier Safety Advisory Committee
The FMCSA seeks nominations for membership to MCSAC for members with specialized experience, education, and training in commercial motor vehicle (CMV) issues. Representative nominees must represent one of the four sectors of membership – safety advocacy, safety enforcement, industry, or labor. Committee members must be able to attend two to three meetings each year, either by videoconference or in person. NOTE: This is separate from the MCSAC Driver Subcommittee solicitation, which closed on October 16th.
Candidates are asked to submit a short biography, resume, and personal statement describing how their experience will benefit the MCSAC, including previous experience on Federal Advisory Committees (if any), their level of knowledge in the above stakeholder groups, and the size of the constituency they represent or can reach.
Please link to the Federal Notice Published on October 29 here for further information and how to apply. Candidates for membership may self-nominate. Please send nominations by November 30th, 2020, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
MCSAC Driver Subcommittee
FMCSA has launched a new subcommittee of commercial drivers to its Motor Carrier Safety Advisory Committee (MCSAC). This subcommittee will provide direct feedback to FMCSA on important issues facing the driving community—like safety, hours-of-service regulations, training, parking, and driver experience. To learn more about the subcommittee, visit the MCSAC Driver Subcommittee page. Note that the application period closed on October 16, 2020. Please direct all questions about the MCSAC Driver Subcommittee to MCSACDriver@dot.gov.
- If you feel your employer or a driver is violating the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations and/or the Hazardous Materials Regulations, please submit a safety violation complaint at the following link: https://nccdb.fmcsa.dot.gov/
- Public inquiries are welcomed by regional FMCSA Service Centers and FMCSA State Field Offices at the following link: https://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/mission/field-offices
- FMCSA Headquarters Offices may be contacted at the following link: https://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/contact-us
- FMCSA's Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) is available at the following link:https://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/faq
- We also have FMCSA-related Web sites at the following link: https://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/advisory-committees/mcsac/related-fmcsa-websites
- For questions about medical certification, exemptions from FMCSA's medical standards, or FMCSA's medical programs in general, contact FMCSAMedical@dot.gov.
To be announced.