FMCSA Strategic Plan 2021-2023
The mission of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) is to save lives and reduce crashes and injuries by advancing large truck and bus safety through collaboration, education, research, technology, and compliance. The 2021-2023 FMCSA’s strategic plan describes a framework for long-term goals FMCSA aims to achieve, actions the Agency will take to realize these goals, and how FMCSA will most effectively use its resources to address challenges and risks that may hinder the achievement of those goals.
FMCSA establishes and applies standards that sustain a safe transportation system and promote efficiency within this system. FMCSA strategically aligns its resources to improve safety through:
• Enhancing safety in the transportation system;
• Collaborating with stakeholders for a common safety agenda;
• Holding ourselves and our partners accountable;
• Using technology and data to inform decisions impacting transportation safety; and
• Inspiring and energizing our workforce and partners to tackle the toughest safety challenges with innovative ideas and programs.
FMCSA will continue to strengthen its Federal, State, and local partnerships; and reach out to stakeholders, the public, and the industry to eliminate severe crashes, injuries, and fatalities involving commercial motor vehicles, thereby achieving a safer transportation environment.