Purpose: To analyze requirements and factors necessary for the establishment of a new allocation formula for the Motor Carrier Safety Assistance Program (MCSAP) and issue a recommendation to the Secretary regarding a new allocation formula for the MCSAP.
Membership: Representatives from FMCSA, State commercial motor vehicle safety agencies, an organization representing State agencies responsible for inspection of commercial motor vehicles; and such other persons as the Secretary considers necessary.
- Number of Applications Received: 24
- The criteria established in the notice and used to evaluate all candidates included:
- Commitment to transportation safety;
- Record of collaboration with diverse stakeholders;
- Professional experience in commercial motor vehicle safety;
- MCSAP program leadership;
- Program management and operations experience;
- And familiarity with data analysis and quality measurements.
- Meeting Dates: April 1, 2016