You are here

Must freight forwarders and brokers register with FMCSA?

Yes. Freight forwarders and brokers are required to register with FMCSA. Freight forwarders that perform both freight forwarder services and motor carrier services must register both as a freight forwarder and as a motor carrier. Also note that motor carriers that broker loads, even occasionally, must register both as a motor carrier and as a broker.

Last Updated : October 30, 2015
Submit Feedback >