If you see the status as “Not Authorized,” this means your Operating Authority (MC/FF#) is not active and you are not authorized to operate as for hire in interstate commerce. Once your Operating Authority becomes active, the status will change to “Authorized” in our systems.
If your MC number was previously active, it may have been revoked. You can view the status of your operating authority here. To see how to reinstate your operating authority click here.
Please go to FMCSA's Licensing and Insurance system and select “Carrier search” from the pull-down menu. If you do not have access to the internet, please call our toll free number: 1-800-832-5660.
You can check to see if a name change or address change has been completed at http://safer.fmcsa.dot.gov
- Once in the Safer website, go to “FMCSA Searches”
- Click “Licensing & Insurance”
- Enter MC Number or USDOT Number in the appropriate box and click “search”
It may take approximately 14 days to process the request.
You can determine the status of your USDOT number in these ways:
- Online: Go to the SAFER website and search by name, USDOT number or MC number
- Submit a ticket: Visit our website at: ask.fmcsa.dot.gov. Scroll to the bottom of the page and complete the required fields (and upload any documents, if applicable). You will receive a tracking number;
- Chat: Initiate a live chat with FMCSA Customer Service
- Phone: Call 800-832-5660 to speak to FMCSA Customer Service