Official US Government Icon

The .gov means it’s official.
Federal government websites often end in .gov or .mil. Before sharing sensitive information, make sure you're on a federal government site.

Secure Site Icon

The site is secure.
The https:// ensures that you are connecting to the official website and that any information you provide is encrypted and transmitted securely.

The latest information on the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) is available on

United States Department of Transportation United States Department of Transportation

U.S. Carriers' CMVs Operating in Ontario (07/2017)

All commercial motor vehicle (CMV) operators in Ontario (including U.S. motor carriers) must have a valid Commercial Vehicle Operator's Registration (CVOR) certificate and carry a copy in their CMVs while operating in Ontario. The CVOR system monitors commercial carrier safety to improve road safety for all road users.  All motor carriers (including U.S. motor carriers) must obtain and then renew their CVOR certificate either yearly or every two years based upon their safety rating in Ontario.  You can find more details about obtaining, renewing or replacing a CVOR certificate on the Ontario Ministry of Transportation website.  


U.S. motor carriers can obtain information on registering with Ontario at


Last updated: Friday, March 13, 2020