EXECUTIVE ORDER 2018-31
l, Mary Fallin, Governor of the State of Oklahoma, pursuant to the power vested in me by Section 2 of Article VI of the Oklahoma Constitution$ hereby declare the following:
- Winter storms, snow, ice, freezing rain and flooding are anticipated to begin December 6, 2018, which may cause damage to public and private properties within the State of Oklahoma; and said damages may cause an undue hardship on the citizens of this State.
- It may be necessary to provide for the rendering of mutual assistance among the State and political subdivisions of the State with respect to carrying out disaster emergency functions during the continuance of the State emergency pursuant to the provisions of the Oklahoma Emergency Management Act of 2003.
- As provided by 63 0.S. 683.9, there is hereby declared a disaster emergency based upon conditions anticipated in the immediate future which will be winter storms, snow, ice, freezing rain and flooding in the State of Oklahoma and may threatens the lives and property of the people of this State and the public's peace, health, and safety. The counties included in this declaration are:
All 77 Oklahoma Counties
4. The State Emergency Operations Plan is activated effective December 6, 2018, and resources of all State departments and agencies available to meet this emergency are hereby committed to the reasonable extent necessary to protect lives and to prevent, minimize, and repair injury and damage These efforts shall be coordinated by the Director of the Department of Emergency Management with comparable functions of the federal government and political subdivisions of the State.
5. State agencies, in responding to this disaster emergency, may make necessary emergency acquisitions to fulfill the purposes of this proclamation without regard to limitations or bidding requirements on such acquisitions.
Pursuant to the power vested in me by Sections I and 2 of Article VI of the Oklahoma Constitution and 63 O.S. 683.1 et seq, and pursuant to 49 CFR. Part 390.23, I hereby declare that there is a State of Emergency continuing in the State of Oklahoma. Based upon conditions anticipated in the immediate future, it is necessary to assist and expedite all efforts of relief. In accommodate this need and to provide assistance the residents of the State of Oklahoma in this extraordinary situation, I hereby order the temporary suspension of the following as they apply to vehicles in the support efforts:
- The requirements for size and weights permits of oversized vehicles under Title 47 of the Oklahoma Statutes whose sole purpose is transportation of materials and supplies used for emergency relief;
- The requirements under Parts 390 through 399 pursuant to part 39023 of Title 49 of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration Regulations;
- The requirements for licensing/operating authority as required by the Oklahoma Corporation Commission; and
- The requirements for licensing/registration authority as required by the Oklahoma Tax Commission.
Declaration of this emergency provides relief from Sections 390 through 399 of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety regulations for those interstate and intrastate carriers who are providing direct assistance for the immediate restoration of essential services (such as electrical, sewer, water, and telecommunications) or essential supplies (such as feed, food and fuel). It does not include transportation related to long-term rehabilitation of damaged physical infrastructure or routine commercial deliveries after the initial threat to life and property has passed* Direct assistance terminates when a driver or commercial motor vehicle is used in interstate or intrastate commerce to transport cargo not destined for the emergency relief effort, or when a motor carrier dispatches such driver or vehicle to a location outside the relief area.
Nothing contained in this declaration shall be construed as an exemption from the Controlled Substance and Alcohol Use and Testing requirements (49 CFR. Part 382), the Commercial Driver License requirements (49 CFR. Part 383), the Financial Responsibility requirements (49 CFR Part 387), or any other portion of the regulations not specifically identified herein Motor carriers that have an Put-Of-Service Order in effect cannot take advantage of the relief from regulation that this declaration provides.
This Executive Order shall terminate at the end of thirty (30) days.
Copies of this Executive Order shall be distributed to the Director of Emergency Management, Oklahoma Corporation Commission, Oklahoma Department of Transportation, Oklahoma Tax Commission, Oklahoma Adjutant General's Office, Office of Management and Enterprise Services and the Oklahoma Department of Public Safety, who shall cause the provisions of this Order to be implemented by all appropriate agencies of State governrnent.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have set my hand and caused the Great Seal of the State of Oklahoma to be affixed at Oklahoma City, this 6th day ember 2018.
BY THE GOVERNOR OF THE STATE OF OKLAHOMA
James A. Williamson, SECRETARY OF STATE