Pursuant to the Proclamation of Disaster Emergency issued by the Governor on January 26, 2015, 75 Pa. C.S. §6108, and the authority granted in 49 C.F.R. §390.23 and 67 Pa. Code Chapter 231, the waivers in this exemption apply to certain motor carriers engaged in operations necessary to respond to the emergency declared by the Governor. The Pennsylvania Department of Transportation hereby issues the following exemption:
TYPE OF OPERATION: Transportation of propane gas and oil for heating purposes.
EXTENT OF EXEMPTION: Requirement to comply with driver hour of service limitations.
EFFECTIVE DATE: February 16, 2015 - 2400 hours.
TERMINATION DATE: March 28, 2015 - 2359 hours.
1. This exemption applies statewide to the transportation of propane gas and oil for heating purposes.
2. The maximum driving time is extended from 11 hours to 14 hours. Ten consecutive hours off-duty must be taken between the 14 hours of driving time.
3. Operators are exempted from the requirements of the 60/70 hour rule.
4. This waiver does not exempt these motor carriers and drivers from the Pennsylvania Vehicle Code (Title 75), or the Pennsylvania Crimes Code (Title 18).
5. Title 67, Pennsylvania Code, Chapter 175, Vehicle Equipment and Inspection, remains in effect for all vehicles registered in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
DATE: February 16, 2015
Leslie S. Richards
Acting Secretary of Transportation