Oklahoma Emergency Order # 2022-26
J. Kevin Stitt
Office of the Governor
State of Oklahoma
EXECUTIVE DEPARTMENT EXECUTIVE ORDER 2022-26
I, J. Kevin Stitt, Governor of the State of Oklahoma, pursuant to the powers vested in me by Sections I and 2 of the Article VI of the Oklahoma Constitution and 63 O.S. §§ 683.1 et seq., and pursuant to 49 C.F.R. Part 390.23, hereby declare (in the context of the State of Emergency due to extreme drought conditions as outlined in Executive Order No. 2022-23) it is necessary to assist and expedite all efforts of relief.
In order to accommodate this need and to provide assistance to the residents of the State of Oklahoma in this extraordinary situation, I hereby order the temporary suspension of the following as applicable to vehicles used in the transport of hay in the support of drought relief, to the fullest extent permitted under the law:
- The requirement for special permits of oversized loads under Title 47 of the Oklahoma Statutes when transporting hay used for drought relief subject to the provisions below:
- In no instance shall the loads exceed 12' in width and/or 14' in height.
- Vehicles transporting hay shall be identified with regulation "Oversize Load" signs attached to the front of the vehicles and rear of the load.
- Review and adherence to the applicable provisions of the Restriction List and Bridge Vertical Clearance Map as provided on the Oklahoma Department of Transportation Size and Weight Permit website.
- Operators are responsible for maintaining safety and complying with all other applicable regulations in Title 47 of the Oklahoma Statutes.
- Under no circumstances shall this Executive Order be considered or construed to be a warranty, either express or implied, or a representation in any form by the State of Oklahoma or any agency or political subdivision of the State that any road, street, highway or bridge provides adequate support or clearance for the load or any exemption of the driver, owner and operator's responsibility for any related damage and for the safe operation of the vehicle, the proper securing of the load and for the determination of an appropriate route.
- The requirements for licensing/operating authority as required by the Oklahoma Corporation Commission;
- The requirements for licensing/registration as required by the Oklahoma Tax Commission;
- The requirements under Parts 390 through 399 pursuant to Part 390.23 of Title 49 of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration regulations. All other regulations in CFR 49 shall apply.
Due to the on-going State of Emergency resulting from drought conditions as referenced in Executive Order No. 2022-23, and continuing, this Executive Order shall be effective until the end of thirty (30) days after the filing date of this Order.
Copies of this Executive Order shall be forwarded to the Oklahoma Department of Transportation, the Oklahoma Corporation Commission, and the Oklahoma Tax Commission, who shall cause the provisions of this Order to be implemented by all appropriate agencies of State government.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand and caused the Great Seal of the State of Oklahoma to be affixed at Oklahoma City, this 11th day of October, 2022.
BY THE GOVERNOR OF THE STATE OF OKLAHOMA
J. KEVIN STITT
Brian Bingman, SECRETARY OF STATE