All applications must be filed electronically on Office of Management and Budget (OMB) approved grant forms SF-424, SF-424A and SF-424B throughhttp://www.grants.gov. Additional application requirements will be indicated on the grants.gov opportunity announcement. All applications must be filed within the time frame provided. All applications must be complete and provide the required information.
Note: The Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) number for the CMV Safety Training Grant Opportunity is 20.235.
Applicants must complete Standard Form (SF) 424, SF-424A, and SF-424B. In addition to the required forms, the application must include a narrative, summarizing each of the following topics. The narrative for each topic must not exceed one page.
- Scope of Project. Includes a plan for the implementation of the CMV Operator Safety Training Grant Program.
- Purpose. Includes a statement about the intent of your CMV Operator Safety Training Grant Program.
- Goals / Objectives. Includes a projection of the number of students and / or the number of students who will receive enhanced CMV training.
- Detailed Narrative Budget. Includes the various costs needed to run the program. All reimbursable items must be necessary and reasonable based on the activities outlined in the training program and allowable based on the standards in OMB Circular A-21 (Cost Principles or Educational Institutions), A-122 (Cost Principles for Non-Profit Organizations), or A-87 (Cost Principles for State, Local, and Indian Tribal Governments), depending upon applicant type. Acquisition of real property (e.g., simulators), land, or buildings are not an eligible cost under this grant. The eligibility of all items is subject to review by the FMCSA.
- Number of Drivers to be Trained.
- Cost per Student; and,
- Monitoring and Evaluation Plan. Includes a progress report of your programs with a statement of objective accomplished.
Note that the Federal share of a grant may not exceed 80 percent of the total approved project plan amount. A 20 percent matching share by the recipient is required.
The final approved proposal must be attached and submitted electronically through grants.gov along with the required application forms. Incomplete application packages and / or proposals received without the required documentation will not be considered for funding.
The merit review panel consists of FMCSA personnel familiar with the CMV Operator Safety Training grant program as well as grant program fiscal and performance requirements. The amount of award to a qualified applicant will be at the discretion of FMCSA based upon panel review of all applications, recommendations of the review panel, and funding availability. Award recipients will be required to sign a grant agreement with FMCSA.
Note: The CMV Operator Safety training grant program is discretionary and competitive in nature. The decision of the agency is final and there is no appeal process.
Notification of Award
Applicants will be notified in writing from FMCSA if they were not approved.
Implementation of the Award
Once awarded, execution of the grant agreement should be completed within 7 days upon receipt of notification of the award.
Monitoring the Award
Report of the activities and performance outlined in the program are to be documented in quarterly progress reports submitted to FMCSA.
Completion of the Grant Award
Upon completion of the performance period of the grant award, the grantee must submit final report of activities and performance and the final voucher for expenses incurred within 90 days of the end of the grant performance period.