All comments on the Proposed HOS rule are due no later than March 4, 2011.
FMCSA invites you to participate in this rulemaking by submitting comments, data, and related materials. If you submit a comment, include the docket number FMCSA-2004-19608 or RIN number 2126-AB26 for this rulemaking. Please indicate the specific section of this document to which each comment applies, and provide a reason for each suggestion or recommendation. FMCSA recommends that you include your name, mailing address, e-mail, or a phone number in the body of your document so that FMCSA can contact you if there are questions regarding your submission. FMCSA will consider all comments and material received during the comment period and may change the HOS proposed rule based on your comments.
All comments received will be posted without change to www.regulations.gov and will include any personal information you provide. Please see the information about the Privacy Act, regarding availability of this information to the public.
How to Submit Your Comments
To avoid duplication please use only one of these methods:
Submit Comments Online (Federal eRulemaking Portal)
- Go to http://www.regulations.gov and click on the "submit a comment" box, which will then become highlighted in blue.
- In the "Document Type" drop down menu, select "Proposed Rules," insert "FMCSA-2004-19608" in the "Keyword" box, and click "Search."
- When the new screen appears, click on "Submit a Comment" in the "Actions" column.
Submit Comments by Fax
- Fax your comments to: 202-493-2251
- Please include the docket number FMCSA-2004-19608 or RIN number 2126-AB26 for this rulemaking. Indicate the specific section of the document to which each comment applies and provide a reason for each suggestion or recommendation.
Submit Comments by Mail or Hand Delivery
- Submit comments to the below address in an unbound format, no larger than 8½ by 11 inches, suitable for copying and electronic filing.
If you would like to know that your mailed comments have reached the facility, please enclose a stamped, self-addressed postcard or envelope.
Monday - Friday, 9 a.m. and 5 p.m., except Federal holidays:
Docket Management Facility (M-30)
U.S. Department of Transportation, West Building Ground Floor
1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC 20590-0001
How to View Comments and Documents
All public comments, as well as documents mentioned in this notice, are available in the public docket. Follow the below steps to view all comments or documents.
- Go to http://www.regulations.gov and click on the "Read comments" box in the upper right hand side of the screen.
- In the "Keyword" box insert "FMCSA-2004-19608" and click "Search."
- Click the "Open Docket Folder" in the "Actions" column.
- In the "Title" column, click on the document you would like to review.
Anyone may search the electronic form of comments received into any of our dockets by the name of the individual submitting the comment (or signing the comment, if submitted on behalf of an association, business, labor union, etc.). You may review Department of Transportation's (DOT) Privacy Act Statement for the Federal Docket Management System published in the Federal Register on January 17, 2008 (73 FR 3316), or you may visit http://edocket.access.gpo.gov/2008/pdf/E8-785.pdf.