Why Not Online?
The following are printable Registration and Licensing forms, however, FMCSA strongly encourages users to submit these forms online.
Printable Registration Forms
- USDOT Numbers
- Operating Authority (MC Number)
- Process Agent
- Financial & Operating Statistics
- Notice for Sole Proprietors
|MCS-150 & instructions||Motor Carrier Identification Report (Application for USDOT Number) and Instructions|
|MCS-150B & instructions||Combined Motor Carrier Identification Report and Hazardous Materials Permit Application and Instructions|
|Intermodal Equipment Provider Identification report (Application for USDOT Number)|
|Application for Motor Property Carrier and Broker Authority|
|Application for Freight Forwarder Authority|
|Application for Motor Passenger Carrier Authority|
|Application to Register Mexico-based Carriers for Motor Carrier Authority to Operate Beyond U.S. Municipalities and Commercial Zones on the U.S.-Mexico Border (Includes Instructions in Spanish)|
|Application for U.S. Department of Transportation (USDOT) Registration by Non-North America-Domiciled Motor Carriers (Includes instructions)|
|Application for Mexican Certificate of Registration for Foreign Motor Carriers and Foreign Motor Private Carriers Under 49 U.S.C. 13902 (Includes Instructions in Spanish)|
|Form OCE-46||Request for Revocation of Operating Authority|
|Form MCSA-5889||Motor Carrier Records Change Form (MC Name/Address Changes and Reinstatements)|
|BOC-3*||Designation of Process Agents - Motor Carriers, Brokers and Freight Forwarders|
Property Broker's Trust Fund Agreement Under 49 U.S.C. 13906 or Notice of Cancellation of the Agreement
|BMC-91X**||Motor Carrier Automobile Bodily Injury and Property Damage Liability - Certificate of Insurance|
|MCS-82*||Motor Carrier Public Liability Surety Bond under Sections 29 and 30 of the Motor Carrier Act of 1980|
|MCS-82B*||Motor Carrier Public Liability Surety Bond|
under Section 18 of the Bus Regulatory Reform Act of 1982
|MCS-90*||Endorsement for Motor Carrier Policies of Insurance for Public Liability under Sections 29 and 30 of the Motor Carrier Act of 1980|
|MCS-90B*||Endorsement for Motor Carrier Policies of Insurance for Public Liability under Section 18 of the Bus Regulatory Reform Act of 1982|
* Insurance forms can be obtained from (or, in many cases filed online by) your insurance company. For more information on insurance requirements, visit our Insurance Requirements page.
**Form BMC-91X is for insurance company use only. Insurance companies seeking to obtain electronic copies of the 7/5/2014 update of this form should contact the FMCSA Insurance Team directly to request it.
- Sole proprietor owner/operator are strongly encouraged to obtain an EIN rather than using an SSN to register for operating authority.
- If a sole proprietor owner/operator submits personal information for registration purposes to obtain a USDOT number or operating authority, this information will be publically available on FMCSA websites. This published information may include, but is not limited to, the sole proprietor owner/operator's home address, telephone number and email address when the contact information serves as the business contact information.