Whether you are buying a bus ticket or chartering a bus for a group trip, make safety your top priority. The resources below will help you better understand FMCSA's passenger carrier program and regulations.
Top 3 Things to Know When Planning a Bus Trip
- Tres cosas que debe saber cuando planee su próximo viaje en autobús (Spanish)
- Les trois points importants à savoir avant d'organiser votre prochain voyage en autocar (French)
- 3 wichtige Dinge zu wissen wenn Sie Ihre nächste Busreise planen (German)
- 知っておくべき3つのこと 安全なバス旅行のために (Japanese)
- 3 Điều Cần Biết Nhất Khi Vạch Kế Hoạch Cho Chuyến Đi Xe Buýt Lần Sau (Vietnamese)
- 当您规划下一次巴士旅程时需要了解的最重要的三件事 (Simplified Chinese)
- 當您規劃下一次巴士旅程時需要瞭解的最重要的三件事 (Traditional Chinese)
Bus Safety Checklist
This checklist gives a brief overview of the facts you should verify before you select a bus company to transport you or members of your group. It is also available in 8 different languages.
- Lista de Seguridad (Spanish)
- Liste des contrôles de sécurité (French)
- Sicherheit Checkliste (German)
- 安全チェックリスト (Japanese)
- 안전체크리스트 (Korean)
- 安全核查清单 (Simplified Chinese)
- 安全核查清單 (Traditional Chinese)
- Ban Kiểm Tra An Toàn (Vietnamese)
Tips for Chartering a Bus
This checklist makes it easy to understand the safety guidelines and Federal requirements for bus safety.
Saferbus Mobile App
The Saferbus Mobile App provides 24/7 access to important safety information you should verify before selecting a U.S. DOT registered bus company including: operating authority and insurance status, safety performance records, and safety results.
Passenger Carrier Search by Vehicle Type and/or Location
This feature provides information to help you decide what type of transportation vehicle best meets your needs. Passenger carriers listed are based on the State and/or Zip Code of each carrier's primary business office. This list may not include those carriers that only have a terminal in your local area.
If you want to make a safety violation complaint, call FMCSA's toll free hotline 1-888-DOT-SAFT (1-888-368-7238) from 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, or visit FMCSA's consumer complaint Web site.