You are here

Are USDOT numbers transferable?

No, USDOT Numbers are not transferable. You can file for your USDOT Number on the Internet or call our toll-free number at 1-800-832-5660 to request a copy of the MCS-150 (Motor Carrier Identification Report) and MCS-150B (Combined Motor Carrier Identification Report and Hazardous Materials Permit Application). Both forms are also available on our web site. 

Operating authorities (MC numbers) are transferable. For more information, please see our Operating Authority Transfer FAQs.

Last Updated : April 2, 2014
Submit Feedback >