- § 380.101
Purpose and scope.
- § 380.103
- § 380.105
- § 380.107
- § 380.109
- § 380.111
Substitute for driver training.
- § 380.113
- § 380.201
- § 380.203
- § 380.205
- § 380.301
- § 380.303
Substitute for instructor requirements.
- § 380.305
- § 380.401
- § 380.501
- § 380.502
- § 380.503
Entry-level driver training requirements.
- § 380.505
Proof of training.
- § 380.507
- § 380.509
- § 380.511
Employer recordkeeping responsibilities.
- § 380.513
Required information on the training certificate.
- Appendix to Part 380
LCV Driver Training Programs, Required Knowledge and Skills
SPECIAL TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
§ 380.203: LCV Doubles.
(a) To qualify for the training necessary to operate an LCV Double, a driver-student shall, during the 6 months immediately preceding application for training, have:
(1) A valid Class A CDL with a double/triple trailer endorsement;
(2) Driving experience in a Group A vehicle as described in § 383.91 of this subchapter. Evidence of driving experience shall be an employer's written statement that the driver has, for at least 6 months immediately preceding application, operated a Group A vehicle while under his/her employ;
(3) No more than one driver's license;
(4) No suspension, revocation, or cancellation of his/her CDL;
(5) No convictions for a major offense, as defined in § 383.51(b) of this subchapter, while operating a CMV;
(6) No convictions for a railroad-highway grade crossing offense, as defined in § 383.51(d) of this subchapter, while operating a CMV;
(7) No convictions for violating an out-of-service order as defined in § 383.51(e) of this subchapter;
(8) No more than one conviction for a serious traffic violation, as defined in § 383.5 of this subchapter, while operating a CMV; and
(9) No convictions for a violation of State or local law relating to motor vehicle traffic control arising in connection with any traffic crash while operating a CMV.
(b) Driver-students meeting the preliminary requirements in paragraph (a) of this section shall successfully complete a training program that meets the minimum unit requirements for LCV Doubles as set forth in the appendix to this part.
(c) Driver-students who successfully complete the Driver Training Program for LCV Doubles shall be issued a certificate, in accordance with subpart D of this part, indicating the driver is qualified to operate an LCV Double.
Although we make every effort to assure that the information we provide is complete and accurate, it is not intended to take the place of published agency regulations. Regulations issued by the U.S. Department of Transportation and its Operating Administrations are published in the Federal Register and compiled in the U.S. Code of Federal Regulations (CFR). Copies of appropriate volumes of the CFR in book format may be purchased from the Superintendent of Documents, U.S. Government Printing Office, or examined at many libraries.
The CFR may also be viewed online at http://ECFR.gpoaccess.gov.