News Item

You are here

Transfers of Operating Authority

June 20, 1996


Although the Interstate Commerce Commission Termination Act did away with transfers of operating authorities from one motor carrier to another, the Federal Highway Administration's Office of Motor Carriers will continue to accept such applications but will simply treat them as applications for new licenses

Rather than filing applications to transfer licenses, however, applicants should simply file for a new license, the $300 fee for which is the same. Transfers that have been processed already will, for the time being, be allowed to stand as processed

Further information is available from Tom Vining, chief of the Licensing and Insurance Division (202-927-6784)

Sincerely yours

George L. Reagle
Associate Administratorfor Motor Carrier

Updated: Tuesday, March 4, 2014
Submit Feedback >