- A driver operating in the U.S. must have evidence of the hours worked for the current 24-hour period and the previous 7 days.
- A driver operating in the U.S. who is subject to the ELD rule must record all time operating in the U.S. on the ELD.
- A driver operating in the U.S. may record time operating in Mexico/Canada using one of the following methods:
- Records of duty status (RODS) on paper for time operating in Canada/ Mexico during the current day, and during the previous 7 days,
- An AOBRD display or printout of records of duty status, or
- ELD data transfer that displays the driver’s RODS for any operations both inside and outside the United States.
Did this answer your question? If not, please email ELD@dot.gov or call 1-800-832-5660 for more information.
Last Updated : February 13, 2018