You are here

What should I do when my medical certificate and/or variance is about to expire?

You must have a new medical examination and obtain a new medical certificate. You must then provide the State Driver Licensing Agency (SDLA) the new medical examiner’s certificate. You are also responsible for applying to FMCSA for a renewal of your variance. (§ 391.51(b)(8))

Last Updated : June 2, 2014
Submit Feedback >