You are here

Are Canadian commercial drivers who transport any liquid or gaseous material in a tank having a rated capacity of 1,000 gallons or more or multiple tanks having an individual rated capacity of more than 119 gallons and an aggregate capacity of 1,000 or more gallons in the U.S. required to display a tank vehicle endorsement on their Canadian Commercial License like the CDL for a U.S. driver?

No. Canadian drivers are not required to have a tank vehicle endorsement on their commercial licenses; however they must possess a Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG) training certificate when transporting hazardous materials (HM) in a tank in the United States.  

Last Updated : April 17, 2014
Submit Feedback >