You are here

Must a Canada or Mexico domiciled motor carrier use an ELD that (1) meets the U.S. technical specifications and (2) is self-certified and registered with FMCSA to present hours of service when operating in the U.S.?

Yes, if the motor carrier’s operation or the vehicle itself does not meet one of the ELD exemptions. 

Did this answer your question? If not, please email or call 1-800-832-5660 for more information. 

Last Updated : February 13, 2018
Submit Feedback >