You are here

GENERAL: I am a Mexico-domiciled motor carrier. Do I need an MX number if I’m just crossing the U.S. border occasionally?

Yes, every Mexico-domiciled motor carrier that enters the U.S. must have an FMCSA-assigned MX number, a valid FMCSA Certificate of Registration or Operating Authority and a USDOT Number.

Last Updated : September 8, 2015
Submit Feedback >