You are here

LONG HAUL: How should I go about applying for a US DOT Number and operating authority so that I can operate long haul beyond the municipalities and commercial zones along the U.S-Mexico border?

You will need to complete three forms:

  1. Application for US DOT number – Form MCS-150 and Instructions–Motor Carrier Identification Report
  2. Application for Long-Haul Operating Authority (English and Spanish) – Instruction and Form OP-1(MX) - Application to Register Mexican Carriers for Motor Carri er Authority To Operate Beyond U.S. Municipalities and Commercial Zones on the U.S.- Mexico Border
  3. Designation of Agents for Service of Process – Form BOC-3 – Designation of Agents-Motor Carriers, Brokers and Freight Forwarders

To obtain copies:

  • To download the forms go to: .gov/mission/forms or,
  • To request the forms by telephone: You can call 1-800-832-5660 to have a form(s) mailed to you.
  • Once you have completed the MCS-150, OP-1 (MX) and BOC-3 forms, you must print the completed forms, sign them, and mail them to the address indicated in the instructions for each form.
  • There is a $300 non-refundable fee for the requested long-haul operating authority. Payment instructions can be found on the OP-1(MX).


Last Updated : May 10, 2017
Submit Feedback >