You will need to complete three forms:
- Application for US DOT number – Form MCS-150 and Instructions–Motor Carrier Identification Report
- Application for Long-Haul Operating Authority (English and Spanish) – Instruction and Form OP-1(MX) - Application to Register Mexican Carriers for Motor Carri er Authority To Operate Beyond U.S. Municipalities and Commercial Zones on the U.S.- Mexico Border
- Designation of Agents for Service of Process – Form BOC-3 – Designation of Agents-Motor Carriers, Brokers and Freight Forwarders
To obtain copies:
- To download the forms go to: http://www.fmcsa.dot .gov/mission/forms or,
- To request the forms by telephone: You can call 1-800-832-5660 to have a form(s) mailed to you.
- Once you have completed the MCS-150, OP-1 (MX) and BOC-3 forms, you must print the completed forms, sign them, and mail them to the address indicated in the instructions for each form.
- There is a $300 non-refundable fee for the requested long-haul operating authority. Payment instructions can be found on the OP-1(MX).
Last Updated : May 10, 2017