Once FMCSA confirms that the application is complete, it will conduct safety and security vetting of the company and complete a Pre-Authorization Safety Audit (PASA).
The PASA confirms that the applicant has safety management systems in place to be able to comply with the following Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations:
- 49 CFR Part 382 – Controlled Substances and Alcohol testing;
- 49 CFR Part 383 – Commercial Driver’s License Standards; Requirements and Penalties;
- 49 CFR Part 387 – Minimum Levels of Financial Responsibility for Motor Carriers;
- 49 CFR Part 390 – Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations – General;
- 49 CFR Part 391 – Qualifications of Drivers and Longer Combination Vehicle (LCV) Driver Instructors;
- 49 CFR Part 392 – Driving of Commercial Motor Vehicles;
- 49 CFR Part 393 – Parts and Accessories Necessary for Safe Operations;
- 49 CFR Part 395 – Hour of Service of Drivers;
- 49 CFR Part 396 – Inspection, Repair and Maintenance; and
- Federal Hazardous Materials Regulations (as applicable).