- § 399.201
Purpose and scope.
- § 399.203
- § 399.205
- § 399.207
Truck and truck-tractor access requirements.
- § 399.209
- § 399.211
- Appendix B to Subchapter B of Chapter III
- Appendix F to Subchapter B of Chapter III
- Appendix G to Subchapter B of Chapter III
Minimum Periodic Inspection Standards
EMPLOYEE SAFETY AND HEALTH STANDARDS
Appendix B to Subchapter B of Chapter III: Special Agents
Cautionary note: This appendix relates only to Federal authority to enforce the regulations in this subchapter. In its present form, it has no application for the States and is not to be included in any adoption of these regulations by State authorities as a condition of eligibility for grants under part 350 of this chapter.
1. Authority. Persons appointed as special agents of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (“Administration”), are authorized to enter upon, to inspect, and to examine any and all lands, buildings, and equipment of motor carriers and other persons subject to the Interstate Commerce Act, the Department of Transportation Act, and other related Acts, and to inspect and copy any and all accounts, books, records, memoranda, correspondence, and other documents of such carriers and other persons.
2. Compliance. Motor carriers and other persons subject to these Acts shall submit their accounts, books, records, memoranda, correspondence, and other documents for inspection and copying, and they shall submit their lands, buildings, and equipment for examination and inspection, to any special agent of the Administration upon demand and display of an Administration credential, either in person or in writing, identifying him/her as a special agent.
3. Definition of Special Agent. Special agents are Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) employees who are identified by credentials issued by the FMCSA authorizing them to enforce 42 U.S.C. 4917 and to exercise relevant authority of the Secretary of Transportation under 49 U.S.C. 113, chapters 5, 51, 57, 131-149, 311, 313, and 315 and other statutes, as delegated to FMCSA by 49 CFR 1.87, and under regulations issued on the authority of those statutes. Special agents are authorized to inspect and copy records and to inspect and examine land, buildings, and equipment in the manner and to the extent provided by law.
4. Facsimile of the Administration Credential:
United States of America
Department of Transportation Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration
This is to certify that ______ whose photograph and signature appear hereon is duly accredited as ______ with authority to enter upon, to inspect, and examine lands, buildings, and equipment, and to inspect and copy records and papers of carriers and other persons, in performance of his/her duties under the Department of Transportation Act, related acts, and regulations of the Department.
By direction of the Secretary
(Certifying Authority) (Bearer)