- § 386.1
Scope of the rules in this part.
- § 386.2
- § 386.3
Separation of functions.
- § 386.4
Appearances and rights of parties.
- § 386.5
Form of filings and extensions of time.
- § 386.6
- § 386.7
Filing of documents.
- § 386.8
Computation of time.
- § 386.11
Commencement of proceedings.
- § 386.12
- § 386.13
Petitions to review and request for hearing: Driver qualification proceedings.
- § 386.14
- § 386.15
- § 386.16
Action on replies to the Notice of Claim.
- § 386.17
- § 386.18
Payment of the claim.
- § 386.22
Settlement agreements and their contents.
- § 386.31
- § 386.34
- § 386.35
Motions to dismiss and motions for a more definite statement.
- § 386.36
Motions for final agency order.
- § 386.37
- § 386.38
Scope of discovery.
- § 386.39
- § 386.40
Supplementation of responses.
- § 386.41
Stipulations regarding discovery.
- § 386.42
Written interrogatories to parties.
- § 386.43
Production of documents and other evidence; entry upon land for inspection and other purposes; and physical and mental examination.
- § 386.44
Request for admissions.
- § 386.45
Motion to compel discovery.
- § 386.46
- § 386.47
Use of deposition at hearings.
- § 386.48
Medical records and physicians' reports.
- § 386.49
Form of written evidence.
- § 386.51
Amendment and withdrawal of pleadings.
- § 386.52
Appeals from interlocutory rulings.
- § 386.53
Subpoenas, witness fees.
- § 386.54
Administrative Law Judge.
- § 386.55
- § 386.56
- § 386.57
Proposed findings of fact, conclusions of law.
- § 386.58
Burden of proof.
- § 386.61
- § 386.62
Review of administrative law judge's decision.
- § 386.63
Decision on review.
- § 386.64
- § 386.65
Failure to comply with final order.
- § 386.66
Motions for rehearing or for modification.
- § 386.67
- § 386.71
- § 386.72
- § 386.73
Operations out of service and record consolidation proceedings (reincarnated carriers).
- § 386.81
- § 386.82
Civil penalties for violations of notices and orders.
- § 386.83
Sanction for failure to pay civil penalties or abide by payment plan; operation in interstate commerce prohibited.
- § 386.84
Sanction for failure to pay civil penalties or abide by payment plan; suspension or revocation of registration.
RULES OF PRACTICE FOR MOTOR CARRIER, INTERMODAL EQUIPMENT PROVIDER, BROKER, FREIGHT FORWARDER, AND HAZARDOUS MATERIALS PROCEEDINGS
§ 386.43: Production of documents and other evidence; entry upon land for inspection and other purposes; and physical and mental examination.
(a) Any party may serve on any other party a request to:
(1) Produce and permit the party making the request, or a person acting on his or her behalf, to inspect and copy any designated documents, or to inspect and copy, test, or sample any tangible things which are in the possession, custody, or control of the party upon whom the request is served; or
(2) Permit entry upon designated land or other property in the possession or control of the party upon whom the request is served for the purpose of inspection and measuring, photographing, testing, or for other purposes as stated in paragraph (a)(1) of this section.
(3) Submit to a physical or mental examination by a physician.
(b) The request may be served on any party without leave of the Assistant Administrator or administrative law judge.
(c) The request shall:
(1) Set forth the items to be inspected either by individual item or category;
(2) Describe each item or category with reasonable particularity;
(3) Specify a reasonable time, place, and manner of making the inspection and performing the related acts;
(4) Specify the time, place, manner, conditions, and scope of the physical or mental examination and the person or persons by whom it is to be made. A report of examining physician shall be made in accordance with Rule 35(b) of the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure, title 28, U.S. Code, as amended.
(d) The party upon whom the request is served shall serve on the party submitting the request a written response within 30 days after service of the request.
(e) The response shall state, with respect to each item or category:
(1) That inspection and related activities will be permitted as requested; or
(2) That objection is made in whole or in part, in which case the reasons for objection shall be stated.
(f) A copy of each request for production and each written response shall be served on all parties and filed with the Assistant Administrator or the administrative law judge, if one has been appointed.
Although we make every effort to assure that the information we provide is complete and accurate, it is not intended to take the place of published agency regulations. Regulations issued by the U.S. Department of Transportation and its Operating Administrations are published in the Federal Register and compiled in the U.S. Code of Federal Regulations (CFR). Copies of appropriate volumes of the CFR in book format may be purchased from the Superintendent of Documents, U.S. Government Printing Office, or examined at many libraries.
The CFR may also be viewed online at http://ECFR.gpoaccess.gov.