- § 368.1
Certificate of registration.
- § 368.2
- § 368.3
Applying for a certificate of registration.
- § 368.4
Requirement to notify FMCSA of change in applicant information.
- § 368.5
Re-registration of certain carriers holding certificates of registration.
- § 368.6
FMCSA action on the application.
- § 368.7
Requirement to carry certificate of registration in the vehicle.
- § 368.8
APPLICATION FOR A CERTIFICATE OF REGISTRATION TO OPERATE IN MUNICIPALITIES IN THE UNITED STATES ON THE UNITED STATES-MEXICO INTERNATIONAL BORDER OR WITHIN THE COMMERCIAL ZONES OF SUCH MUNICIPALITIES.
§ 368.3: Applying for a certificate of registration.
(a) If you wish to obtain a certificate of registration under this part, you must submit an application that includes the following:
(1) Form OP-2—Application for Mexican Certificate of Registration for Foreign Motor Carriers and Foreign Motor Private Carriers Under 49 U.S.C. 13902;
(2) Form MCS-150—Motor Carrier Identification Report; and
(3) A notification of the means used to designate process agents, either by submission in the application package of Form BOC-3—Designation of Agents—Motor Carriers, Brokers and Freight Forwarders or a letter stating that the applicant will use a process agent service that will submit the Form BOC-3 electronically.
(b) The FMCSA will only process your application for a Certificate of Registration if it meets the following conditions:
(1) The application must be completed in English;
(2) The information supplied must be accurate and complete in accordance with the instructions to the Form OP-2, Form MCS-150 and Form BOC-3;
(3) The application must include all the required supporting documents and applicable certifications set forth in the instructions to the Form OP-2, Form MCS-150 and Form BOC-3;
(4) The application must include the filing fee payable to the FMCSA in the amount set forth in 49 CFR 360.3(f)(1); and
(5) The application must be signed by the applicant.
(c) If you fail to furnish the complete application as described under paragraph (b) of this section your application may be rejected.
(d) If you submit false information under this section, you will be subject to applicable Federal penalties.
(e) You must submit the application to the address provided in the instructions to the Form OP-2.
(f) You may obtain the application described in paragraph (a) of this section from any FMCSA Division Office or download it from the FMCSA web site at: http://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/factsfigs/formspubs.htm.
Although we make every effort to assure that the information we provide is complete and accurate, it is not intended to take the place of published agency regulations. Regulations issued by the U.S. Department of Transportation and its Operating Administrations are published in the Federal Register and compiled in the U.S. Code of Federal Regulations (CFR). Copies of appropriate volumes of the CFR in book format may be purchased from the Superintendent of Documents, U.S. Government Printing Office, or examined at many libraries.
The CFR may also be viewed online at http://ECFR.gpoaccess.gov.