In support of the mission of Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) to improve truck and bus safety on our nation's highways, on January 1, 2005, the Agency initiated the Federal Hazardous Materials Safety Permit Program for intrastate, interstate, and foreign motor carriers transporting certain types and amounts of hazardous materials.
These carriers must maintain a certain level of safety in their operations and certify they have programs in place as required by the Hazardous Materials Regulations and the HM Permit regulations.
Forms & Publications
- HM Permit Application (MCS-150B)
- File Form Electronically Online (1-2 Business Days)
- File Form Manually (2-4 weeks)
- HMSP Brochure
- Endorsement for Motor Carrier Policies of Insurance for Public Liability (MCS-90)
- Final Rule Federal Register: June 30, 2004 (Volume 69, Number 125)
- Change to FMCSA Policy on Out-of-Service Rates and Crash Rates
- FMCSA Policy on Considering the Preventability of Crashes in Administrative Review Requests of HMSP Denials
- Shipper Verification of the Validity of a Carrier's HMSP - HM 218D Final Rule
- Hazardous Materials Safety Permits; Supplemental Notice of Proposed Rulemaking (SNPRM); RIN 2126-AA07; (68 FR 49737)