You are here

When do I need to have my HM Safety Permit?

AFTER JANUARY 1, 2005, registered motor carriers that are required to have a Hazardous Materials Safety Permit must apply for it before their next biennial update (filing the MCS-150) is due. A motor carrier that has not filed an MCS-150 form prior to January 1, 2005 must hold an HM Safety Permit or a Temporary HM Safety Permit before transporting hazardous materials (HM).

Last Updated : April 14, 2014
Submit Feedback >