You are here

What must I do to comply with the new requirements (76 FR 70661) for making my medical certification part of my CDL driving record?

Starting on January 30, 2012, when you:

  • Apply for a CDL
  • Renew a CDL
  • Apply for a higher class of CDL
  • Apply for a new endorsement on a CDL
  • Transfer a CDL from another State

You will be required to self-certify to a single type of commercial operation on your driver license application form. Based on that self-certification, you may need to provide your SDLA with a current medical examiner’s certificate and show any variance you may have to obtain or keep your CDL.

Last Updated : April 3, 2014
Submit Feedback >