You are here

Substance abuse professionals (SAP): How do I find U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT)-qualified SAPs in my area?

Employers are required to provide employees who have engaged in conduct prohibited by 49 CFR Part 382 Subpart B with contact information for SAPs. DOT does not develop or maintain a list of qualified service agents. An employer can check with industry associations, the yellow pages, or the web for DOT-qualified SAPs. The employer is ultimately responsible for compliance with the DOT drug and alcohol testing regulations; therefore, as an employer, you must ensure that the SAP you identify meets all the DOT required qualifications. [See related regulatory guidance to 49 CFR 382.605, Question 4.]

Last Updated : April 18, 2014